Saree draping tricks
How to Pinup Saree Perfectly: To get the perfect look in the saree, use the right type and place of pins
These expensive but gloriously attractive sarees come in handy especially in the wedding season. Similar to the lehenga, half sarees were once the most fashionable attire among young women. Today, the style is back to becoming a coveted look thanks to the wide variety of designs, styles, textures, and colours that they now come it. We may have even let slip a swear word or two when we almost tripped over.
- Most of us love to wear a saree to the office but we often give up on the idea because of one of the following notions.
- So, let’s discuss today what are the problems faced by a woman when she decides to wear a saree to a professional situation like our offices and business meetings.
- Roll up those sleeves when sporting plaid and throw in some killer shades.
- For the love of Handloom sarees and minimalistic style, this is the drape to try.
- Blouses are supposed to be well-fitted so that you can flaunt your curves in the traditional drape.
Picking a saree with patterns that incline towards the contemporary palette would keep you on trend. Bring in the glitz and glam of embroidery or embrace your rustic roots by wrapping yourself in a quintessential saree and teaming up with a complimentary cape. You can play with the draping style by choosing to pin up the Pallu over or under the cape. Walk tall in this style by adding a pair of stilettos and get all the heads turning. For the main wedding event, it would be valuable for you to know how to wear wedding silk saree. A silk saree can add a lot of glam to any elaborate event.
Check out the 6 saree hacks that every woman should know to look elegant and stylish in any saree.
The pant style saree walked off the runway and entered the showrooms of high street brands in 2018, and is one of the trending saree designs. Primarily clean and neatly organized hair is the symbol of a corporate woman. It shows how hygienic and organized you are, personally and impacts your personality very strongly. We understand that you may have a gorgeous collection of heavy silk sarees or fancy stone/metal work sarees.
- A hit among celebrities, this has become a sought after look with contemporary sarees.
- We at Bewakoof believe that sarees are trendy, gorgeous and modern and can be worn on both casual and formal occasions.
- Mysore Silk Sarees are a pure, elegant artwork made of silk threads with golden zari and brocade designs.
- Be it the scorching summers, or the chilly winters, cotton can be worn any time of the day with ease.
- Slip into your go-to denim shirt with a rather traditional saree and accessorize.
When we’re learning how to drape a saree to look slim, we need to first figure which type of saree can be incorporated in our fashion statement. In this article, we’ve included a little bit about saree draping styles to look slim. This will help you understand how to wear a saree to look slim step by step pin up casino.
Whereas the introduction of Mysore silk sarees was done by Maharaja of Mysore, Krishna Raj Vadhiyar who travelled to London to attend Queen Victoria’s Jubilee Celebration. He was inspired by the machine-made silk fabrics that the royal families wore. He then imported around 32 power looms to India and thus started manufacturing of Mysore silk sarees. Initially, these sarees were more prominently used among the royal families.
Choose from these 10 styles of wearing a saree and look your elegant best. The first step to acing any saree style is understanding different styles and drapes. Which is why, you need to know how to wear saree step by step. Plus, a win-win for the Indian beauty that you’ll look. We at Bewakoof believe that sarees are trendy, gorgeous and modern and can be worn on both casual and formal occasions.
Vertical stripes give your frame an illusion of being tall and can help you feign your height. However, do make sure that you keep accessories to a minimum since the patterns will always be too much for you to handle. Never wear a petticoat that’s too loose, it will only make it harder for you to handle the saree.
- Two pins, one on top and one in the center, should be used to secure the pleats.
- Make sure you pick the appropriate fabric if you want to appear poised and sophisticated.
- He then imported around 32 power looms to India and thus started manufacturing of Mysore silk sarees.
- But a few clever styling tricks and tips can solve this problem.
- Now if you choose the right safety pin and pin-up the saree properly, then your saree will fit well and the saree will not be spoiled.
A unique feature of the saree is that different regions have their own saree draping styles. But this versatile attire lets you add your personal touch to it as well. Traditionally, all sarees used to be worn with ready-made, standard sized, cotton petticoats that came with a drawstring. One would choose a petticoat that matched the base colour of the saree it was to be worn with and there wasn’t much more to it. Today, petticoats are available in a variety of fabrics, patterns and styles and can even be made to order to fit your body type.
Celebrity inspiration to give your sari a cool update
A lucky few may have conquered the whole nine yards in style, and then there are some who carry a bunch of safety pins at the ready every time they wear a saree. Love it or struggle with it, what none of us can ignore is the undeniable charms of the saree. Today we will tell you that if you pin up the saree properly, then half the problem related to saree draping will be reduced automatically. Here’s a short video illustrating the Bengali atpourey style of draping sarees. Cinching your sari with a logo buckle belt or an obi belt is a fail-safe approach. Pleat and pin up your pallu, and swap the necklace with earrings instead to complete this look.
- Do you love to wear your handloom cottons and silks, but are not sure how to ‘appear’ slim while draping these gorgeous sarees?
- Loose blouses give a hideous look and will spoil whole look.
- Majority of the ladies prefer to wear high heels, so get them ready in advance.
- However, do make sure that you keep accessories to a minimum since the patterns will always be too much for you to handle.
It goes a long way in being able to flaunt that shape. Now, remember – the diaphanous sarees are meant to be flaunted. Flaunt your curves in the transparent saree, which is probably the most sensuous garment ever.
Pick The Right Heels
Light Pearl neck wears, and simple gold and platinum jewelry are easily accepted. Pin up the saree with the pallu firmly and do not leave it hanging.
Basically, big prints cover more space, which is the first reason why you shouldn’t opt for them in a sari. They make you look broader than you are, and there won’t be a ‘break’ in the pattern.
Choose The Right Fabric!
Sarees sliding off the shoulders are considered a wardrobe malfunction and we must avoid it. Most of us love to wear a saree to the office but we often give up on the idea because of one of the following notions. Therefore, you must make sure that the blouse is perfectly fitted.
The journey of traditional sarees taking the contemporary route has seen a pleasant headway over time which indeed has swarmed the fashion screens and markets alive. Since then it has been tweaked to fit each decade with designers like Tarun Tahiliani, Satya Paul and Sabyasachi Mukherjee giving us the chills these days. Off-late, many innovative saree draping styles are coming into focus.
The “Atpourey Style”
When it comes to off-shoulder blouses, the fitting of it becomes essential so that even when it sleeves slide from its place, the bodice can support the entire piece. We strongly suggest silk or lycra petticoats in the perfect match. Please buy long petticoats and adjust to the exact height after wearing your shoes. We’re real people and real people have different types of bodies. You really don’t need to lose weight or be of the ideal height to look great in a saree.
- A lucky few may have conquered the whole nine yards in style, and then there are some who carry a bunch of safety pins at the ready every time they wear a saree.
- When we’re learning how to drape a saree to look slim, we need to first figure which type of saree can be incorporated in our fashion statement.
- A unique and elegant blend of wearing a saree for the young hearts or women of any age.
- These expensive but gloriously attractive sarees come in handy especially in the wedding season.
- To ease things down, such ladies can use a couple of tricks.
It would give you the exact height and would never need readjustments. Too much jewelry or too little can also make you look shorter. Add statement pieces to your look that’ll only make the entire ensemble look longer. Just make sure you don’t add a necklace, ring, earrings, and bangles all at once. If you’re wearing a neckpiece, go lighter on the ears and so on. Blouses are supposed to be well-fitted so that you can flaunt your curves in the traditional drape.
Here Are Simple Ways To Wear Off Shoulder Blouse On Saree
Mysore Silk Sarees come from the most famous silk-producing district in Karnataka called Mysore. About 45% of total silk production in the country comes from Karnataka itself. Mysore Silk Sarees are a pure, elegant artwork made of silk threads with golden zari and brocade designs.
- An embellished corseted blouse with a concept drape saree can instantly up your outfit game by many folds.
- To get this look, team a lehenga or skirt with your favourite silk saree and blouse.
- To get the saree tucked properly, you should use a handful of safety pins .
- Instead of wearing an Anarkali, opt for a Mysore silk saree for a graceful look.
This is why the fish cut style will make you look like a pretty mermaid in your alluring chiffon saree. What if you could combine the ease of wearing a pair of jeans with the elegant look of the saree?
Learn How to Tie a Saree Perfectly to Look Slim-
– Choose a saree with thin zari borders if you are on the shorter side. If you are wearing a Mysore silk saree at work, pin up the pleated saree completely. This South Indian silk saree is a great alternative to salwar suit when you are heading to work or a semi-formal occasion. – If you are tall, go for a saree with bigger borders. When you are draping the saree, ensure that the pleats are pressed carefully. – Women who have an olive or dark complexion can opt for shades like pink, maroon and green.
Also, if customization makes your heart tick, don’t forget to check the width of the fabric! You need a minimum of inches width for crafting any of these concept sarees. Sarees can be worn everyday, but when you’re dolling up for a wedding your saree can be your secret weapon to nailing a great wedding look. The fish cut style saree is distinctive majorly because of its petticoat. This petticoat is fitted at the waist and flares at the bottom, which highlights your shape. As you may have already guessed, it is the petticoat that steals the show.
Unique Ways Sarees Continue to Stay Contemporary
We all know, draping a saree to look slim is not easy. A drape can change the overall look of your saree attire.
Some people may take offense to a bright red or purple lipstick and bring undue attention to your face. Maintaining a good skin health and using a light foundation with a minimalist makeup can save your time and still make you look impressive as a corporate lady. Refer to my blog about makeup tips for professional women here for more details. You can use a pleat maker as shown below, as we understand that this is the hardest part of wearing a saree. On the off-chance that you really want some prints on your saree, then you can definitely go for vertical stripes.
Follow these style tips given below- Mysore silk sarees can flatter any body type. Therefore, curvier women can wear this saree when they are going to a party or any ethnic occasion. Instead of wearing an Anarkali, opt for a Mysore silk saree for a graceful look. Pinup the tip of your saree pallu gently and allow the rest of the saree fall on your hand.
You can create the full effect by wearing your favorite shirt and knotting it in the front or back to show off that midriff. Try bringing the two worlds together by picking traditional crafts like Batik, Indigo or Kalamkari. Roll up those sleeves when sporting plaid and throw in some killer shades.
What Are Some Good Ways For Plus-sized Ladies To Wear A Sari?
Among regional dresses, this dress highlights a lady’s curves. If you’ve seen Vidya Balan dancing on ‘Mala Jau De’, you’d have an idea about what this dress looks like. The highlight though, is that some of them come with pockets!
- Style Tips for Wearing a Mysore Silk SareeAll women love Mysore silk sarees.
- If you’re wearing a neckpiece, go lighter on the ears and so on.
- As you may have already guessed, it is the petticoat that steals the show.
- Today we will tell you that if you pin up the saree properly, then half the problem related to saree draping will be reduced automatically.
- Sarees can be worn everyday, but when you’re dolling up for a wedding your saree can be your secret weapon to nailing a great wedding look.
That’s because the need to reinvent the saree has always been on the mind of fashionistas. For saree styles for farewell, the indo-western saree can be a pretty choice. Check out the above video to learn how to wear saree in modern style. If you’re curvy, the butterfly saree draping style would be an amazing pick. This style would be further complimented if you choose a silky fabric which could define your pleats like the iridescent wings of a butterfly. The elegant and classy saree has wowed women for centuries and is still a fierce competition to its Western counterparts.
Learn How to Wear Butterfly Style Saree: Step by Step
Yes, you’re cute and fun-sized but being a short girl comes with its own set of problems. Especially when it comes to wearing Indian wear, particularly a saree. But a few clever styling tricks and tips can solve this problem.
- Try bringing the two worlds together by picking traditional crafts like Batik, Indigo or Kalamkari.
- In this also the pin will prove to be very helpful for you.
- For this, you need to know where the pin should be placed in the saree.
- Both of these are great to sport dresses that are backless, strapless, off-shoulder etc.
One of them is sporting a saree with stunning off-shoulder blouses. There are many who are not in the habit of draping a saree. For them pairing them with tricky blouse can turn out to be more stressful. To ease things down, such ladies can use a couple of tricks. Look phenomenal in this Gujarati style drape that you can team with a shirt-style, full sleeves blouse with a unique neckline. Shirt style blouses have gained a cult following lately with women of all walks of life donning them with various necklines and patterns.
A fresh take on the Maharashtrian saree, the dhoti saree is twisted over pants to give off that fusion vibe. Not only the draping style but the blouse can be played with too, team it up with a flared, off-shoulder blouse and walk it all with oomph and style. You could choose fabrics for the petticoat from satin, silk, and cotton. With an adjustable drawstring and no extra frills at the petticoat.
- And one of the simplest ways to do this is to use safety pins to hold the pleats in place.
- This style would be further complimented if you choose a silky fabric which could define your pleats like the iridescent wings of a butterfly.
- You really don’t need to lose weight or be of the ideal height to look great in a saree.
- So in this video/post I am sharing step by step tutorial to drape silk saree perfectly.
- Also, try to keep the length of your blouse medium (not too long and not too short), making you overall look more natural and less-stuffy.
- Though not an everyday style among Bengali women any more, they still adopt this style of draping on special occasions such as Durga Puja or at family weddings.
It should not be too tight, as anything that is not comfortable will not make you feel and look good. Do try something funky – A printed petticoat might look very exciting with a very transparent saree. Ensure the blouse is very well tailored and fits perfectly.